We’re excited to be working on our brand new team-based, self-hosted email marketing software – Groupmail Mercury.
What is Groupmail Mercury?
Following on from our award winning desktop Groupmail software, Mercury is a team-based self-hosted email marketing solution. It allows customers to create, manage, share and send their email marketing campaigns from their own server or private cloud solution.
We are just getting started with GroupMail Mercury. In the meantime, why not try out our current self-hosted solution GroupMail 6:
So, what is self-hosted email marketing software?
Email Marketing Software is defined on Wikipedia as “directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email”. Therefore, self-hosted email marketing software allows you to send your message to a group of people, but the software is installed on your own server (or with any private cloud provider) and ensures you keep 100% control over the security of your data.
What problem is self-hosted email marketing software (such as Mercury) looking to solve for customers?
There are a number of key problems we are looking to solve, including:
• Customers are concerned about their data security and providing a list of contacts to an external provider
• They wish to share and collaborate with different team members on their email marketing campaigns
• They want to be able to provide different access to different users based on role-based administration
• Although worried about security, they still want to be able to access their account from different devices
• They require flexibility with sending and managing their data & contacts
• They want to be able to do all this, but in a nicely designed product which compares favourably to that of service providers
Some benefits of self-hosted email marketing software
There are many benefits to using a self-hosted email marketing solution, such as:
• Data Security, 100% control of your data
• Costs a fraction of service providers especially for larger email lists
• The ability to manage multiple brands
• Create unlimited lists and add unlimited subscribers
• Send using your own mail server or inexpensive Amazon SES (or any SMTP server)
• Great reporting
• No limits on what email address you send to – service providers can block generic email addresses such as Support@, sales@ etc.
What type of companies use self-hosted email marketing solutions?
Any company or organisation that is concerned about ensuring their data is kept private and secure. Such as:
• Any organisation that wishes to have 100% control of their email marketing campaigns and wish to keep the security of their data in-house
• Agencies sending multiple campaigns from multiple brands on behalf of customers
• Banks, insurance firms and stockbrokers looking to provide ongoing updates to their customers securely
• Universities, schools and colleges staying in touch with students and families, including school reports and exam results
• Medical practices that need to keep in contact with patients on a regular basis
Try out our current self-hosted solution GroupMail 6: