AOL Email Settings
If you have an account with AOL, you can configure GroupMail mailing list software with the AOL email settings below to send your email through the AOL SMTP mail server.
Just add these AOL email settings to GroupMail:
1. First of all add your user information. This is for how you wish to identify yourself to your recipients. Enter your AOL email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent – usually the same. This information is what will appear in the From field of your emails. You can choose to leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear (in parentheses) after your name.
2. Enter your AOL SMTP mail server address (smtp.aol.com), select the “Requires Authentication” checkbox then click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen, according to your requirements.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication section, keeping the default type as AUTH LOGIN, then enter your AOL screen name and password. Click OK and you’ll then go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from the 25 to 587. You can also set the custom domain as aol.com. Then click OK.
That’s all there is to it. These settings will allow you to send messages through your AOL email server.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings. Note that you can always go back to modify any of these settings.
** ISPs sometimes change these settings. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact AOL and ask them to confirm the SMTP settings that they want you to use.
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail mailing list software