Bluehost Email Settings
If you have an web and email account hosted by Bluehost, you can configure GroupMail with these Bluehost email settings so you can send your newsletters and other group emails through the Bluehost outgoing SMTP mail server.
Just add these Bluehost Email Settings to GroupMail
1. First, add your user information, specifying how you want to identify yourself to your recipients and add your Bluehost email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. The content in the Name and Organization fields is what will appear in the From field of your emails. You can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear (in parentheses) after the content that you have in the Name field.
2. Enter the Bluehost email settings for the Bluehost server address (mail.yourdomain.com), check the “Requires Authentication” box and click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” box, keeping the default AUTH LOGIN type and enter your full domain email address and password that are associated with your Bluehost account. Then, click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the outgoing Port from the default, 25 to 26. If 26 does not work, then you can try using Port 465 with the SSL box checked.
It is also a good idea to add a custom domain while you are on this Advanced screen. For your Bluehost server, the custom SMTP domain would simply be yourdomain.com to match the domain of your domain email address that you are sending from. Click OK.
That’s all there is to it.
You can find additional information for Bluehost email settings at the Bluehost Email Setup support area.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings when you are done. You can always go back to modify any of these settings.
** Mail servers make changes at times. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact Bluehost and ask them to confirm the Bluehost email settings that they want you to use. You might do me a solid and inform me of any changes if they do occur.
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail mailing list software