GoDaddy Email Settings
If you have your website and email address hosted with GoDaddy, you can configure GroupMail mass email software with the GoDaddy email settings below to send your newsletters and other group emails through the GoDaddy SMTP mail server.
Here are the GoDaddy email settings for GroupMail
1. First, add your user information, specifying how you want to identify yourself to your recipients and add your GoDaddy domain email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. The content in the Name and Organization fields is what will appear in the From field of your emails. You can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear (in parentheses) after the content that you have in the Name field.
2. Enter the GoDaddy SMTP mail server address (smtpout.secureserver.net), check the “Requires Authentication” box and click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” box, keeping the default AUTH LOGIN type and enter your full domain hosted email address and password that are associated with your GoDaddy account. Then, click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from the default 25 to 80. It is also a good idea to add a custom domain while you are on this Advanced screen. For GoDaddy, the custom SMTP domain would simply be the domain that GoDaddy hosts for you (i.e. yourdomain.com). Click OK.
* If Port 80 doesn’t connect for you, try Port 3535 for the outgoing SMTP port number.
That’s all there is to it.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings when you are done. You can always go back to modify any of these settings.
** Mail servers make changes at times. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact GoDaddy and ask them to confirm the SMTP settings that they want you to use. You might do me a solid and inform me of any changes if they do occur.
Related articles you might find interesting:
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email software