Hotmail Email Settings
If you use Hotmail to send your email, you can configure GroupMail to send your newsletters and other group emails through the Hotmail Live SMTP mail server.
Use the following Hotmail email settings within GroupMail:
1. Firstly add your user information, specifying how you wish to be identified to your recipients, your Hotmail email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. This will appear in the From field of your emails. Note that you can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear in brackets after your name.
2. Enter the Hotmail server address (smtp.live.com), select the “Requires Authentication” checkbox, then click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses according to your internet connection and requirements.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” box, keeping AUTH LOGIN as the default type. Then enter your full Hotmail email address and password. Click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from 25 to 587, and check the “Server requires an SSL connection” box. This will automatically change the incoming POP3 port from the 110 to 995. The custom domain should also be set as hotmail.com or live.com; whichever matches the domain of your email address. Click OK.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings when you are done. If there are any problems you can always go back to change any of these settings.
** Mail servers do make changes at times. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact Hotmail and ask them to confirm the Hotmail email settings that they want you to use.
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email software