If you have a Sympatico email account, you can configure GroupMail email newsletter and marketing software with the Sympatico email settings so you can send your newsletters and other group emails through the Sympatico SMTP mail server.
Just add these Sympatico email settings to GroupMail
1. First, add your user information, specifying how you want to identify yourself to your recipients and add your Sympatico email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. The content in the Name and Organization fields is what will appear in the From field of your emails. You can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear (in parentheses) after the content that you have in the Name field.
2. Enter the Sympatico email settings for the Sympatico server address (smtphm.sympatico.ca), check the “Requires Authentication” box and click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” box, keeping the default AUTH LOGIN type and enter your full Sympatico email address and password that are associated with your Sympatico account. Then, click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and check the “Server requires an SSL connection” box. This will automatically change the incoming POP3 port from the default 110 to 995 (that’s a good thing by the way!) If the default Port 25 does not work, try Port 587 or 465 w/SSL checked.
It is also a good idea to add a custom domain while you are on this Advanced screen. For Sympatico, the custom SMTP domain would simply be sympatico.com to match the domain of your email address. Click OK.
That’s all there is to it.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings when you are done. You can always go back to modify any of these settings.
** Mail servers make changes at times. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact Sympatico and ask them to confirm the Sympatico email settings that they want you to use. You might do me a solid and inform me of any changes if they do occur.
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail mailing list software.