Yahoo Plus Email Settings
If you have a Yahoo Plus account, you can configure GroupMail with your account settings to send your newsletters and other group emails through your Yahoo mail server.
Just add the following Yahoo Plus email settings to GroupMail:
1. Add your user information – your name, Yahoo Plus email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. Note that what you enter in the Name and Organization fields is what will appear in the From field of your emails. If you choose you can leave the Organization field blank.
2. Enter your Yahoo Plus email settings for the SMTP mail server address – plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com – and select the “Requires Authentication” checkbox, then click the Setup button. You can also set the number of simultaneous delivery connections and pauses in the delivery on this screen, according to your system and internet connection.
3. Select the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” checkbox, keeping the default AUTH LOGIN type, then enter your full domain hosted email address and password. Click OK and you’ll be taken back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab. and change the SMTP Port from 25 to 465 . Make sure that the “Server requires an SSL connection” checkbox has been selected. Choose ”Direct SSL” as the SSL connection type, which will then automatically change the incoming POP3 port from the 110 to 995. It’s also a good idea to add a custom domain while you are on this screen. For Yahoo Plus accounts, the custom SMTP domain would be yahoo.com. Click OK when you have done this.
* It is vital to click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings when you are done. Failure to do so will mean that your settings are not applied. Note that you can always go back to modify any of these settings if required.
** Mail servers change their settings at times. If you experience any problems with the above settings, contact Yahoo Plus! and ask them to confirm the current Yahoo Plus email settings that they want you to use.
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email software