When Moving GroupMail Data from one machine to another, the steps will vary depending on the Windows Operating System that you are using.
The first thing that we recommend is that you install the latest version of GroupMail on your New Machine. You can download this from the Customer Area on our Website.
Next identify the Microsoft Windows Operating System running on your Old Machine and the Microsoft Windows Operating System running on your New Machine.
Below we have listed the more common ones. However, if your one is not listed here, just drop our Technical Support Team and Email.
– To move from Windows XP to Windows XP please follow these steps :
– To move from Windows XP to Windows 7 or Windows Vista please follow :
– To Move from Windows 7 to Windows 7, please follow these steps :
– To Move from Windows XP to Windows 8, please follow these steps :
– To Move from Windows 7 to Windows 8 please follow these steps :
– To Move from Windows 8 to another Windows 8 please follow these steps :
Once you have completed this, there is one last step to ensure you Sent Messages display correctly on your New Machine.
1. Close GroupMail
2. Go to C:\Program Files\GroupMail 5
3. Locate a file called GMToolbox.exe and double-click it
4. Go to the Messages Tab and press the Fix Paths button
Finally remember to take regular Backup’s of your GroupMail Data
As always, if you need any help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact the GroupMail Support Team.