If you have an account with AOL, you can configure GroupMail mailing list software with the AOL email settings below to send your newsletters and other group emails through the AOL SMTP mail server.
Just add these AOL email settings to GroupMail
1. First, add your user information, specifying how you want to identify yourself to your recipients and add your AOL email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. The content in the Name and Organization fields is what will appear in the From field of your emails. You can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will appear (in parentheses) after the content that you have in the Name field.
2. Enter the AOL SMTP mail server address (smtp.aol.com), check the “Requires Authentication” box and click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen.
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound) section, keeping the default AUTH LOGIN type and enter your AOL screen name and password that are associated with your AOL account. Then, click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from the default 25 to 587. It is also a good idea to add a custom domain. For AOL, the custom domain would simply be aol.com. Click OK.
That’s all there is to it. These AOL email settings will allow you to send messages through your AOL outgoing email server.
* Make sure that you click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings. You can always go back to modify any of these settings.
** ISPs make changes at times. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact AOL and ask them to confirm the SMTP settings that they want you to use. You might do me a solid and inform me of any changes if they do occur.
As always, if you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team.
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail mailing list software