If you have an email account with Comcast, you can configure your GroupMail mass email software with the Comcast email settings below to send your newsletters and other group emails through the Comcast SMTP mail server.
Here are the Comcast email settings for GroupMail
1. First of all add your user information, specifying how you want to identify yourself to your recipients. Then add your Comcast email address and the email address where you want replies to be sent. The details you enter in the Name and Organization fields is what will appear in the From field of your emails. You can leave the Organization field blank if you choose. If you do put something here, it will appear in parentheses after the content that you have in the Name field.
2. Enter the Comcast SMTP mail server address (smtp.comcast.net), select the “Requires Authentication” checkbox then click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen, according to your internet connection and requirements.
3. Select the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” checkbox, keeping the default type as AUTH LOGIN, enter your full Comcast email address and password. Click OK and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from the default port 25 to port 587. You should also add a custom domain while you are on this Advanced screen. For Comcast, the custom SMTP domain would simply be comcast.net. Then click OK.
* Once you are finished, be sure to click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save your settings. Note that you can always go back to modify any of these settings.
** Mail servers sometimes change these details. If you experience any problems with these settings, contact Comcast and ask them to confirm the SMTP settings that they want you to use.
*** Some customers have found that they need to adjust the outgoing Port from 587 to 25. As always, confirm these Comcast email settings with your local Comcast provider.
For more information about sending through the Comcast SMTP mail server, visit the link below.
How many emails can I send each day with Comcast?
Related articles you might find interesting:
Common Email Error Code Descriptions and Fixes
Free Email Newsletter and Marketing Software and Services
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email software