If you have an email account with Google / Gmail, you can easily configure GroupMail to send your newsletters and other group emails through the Gmail SMTP mail server.
GroupMail uses 2-Step Verification to securely connect you to your Google account.
Just add the following settings to GroupMail
1. Create a new sending account by clicking on > Tools > Account Manager.
2. Choose: Gmail or Google Apps. Click Next.
3. Enter in the required Name and your Google / Gmail Email address. Organisation is optional.
4. A browser window will appear on the Google accounts.google.com page where you need to choose your Google account, then enter your password and click “Next“. Then on the next page click on the ALLOW button. This will allow you to send Email using your Google / Gmail account.
5. A confirmation window appears so you can just close that and go back to GroupMail to finish setting up your sending account.
6. Give your sending account a name so you will be able to distinguish this sending account with any other sending accounts you create in the future. Click Next.
That’s it! Your sending account has been created using your Google / Gmail Mail Server details.
How many emails can I send with the Gmail outgoing SMTP mail server?
Google / Gmail SMTP detail:
SMTP = smtp.gmail.com
Authentication = Yes, user your Google registered / Gmail Email address.
SMTP Port: 587
Secure Connection = Yes, choose STARTTLS
Related articles you might find interesting:
Common Email Error Code Descriptions and Fixes
Free Email Newsletter and Marketing Software and Services
Email Settings for the Most Common Email Server Hosts
Step-by-Step Guide for Email Setup and Delivery
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email software