If you have your website and email address hosted with GoDaddy, you can configure GroupMail mass email software with the GoDaddy email settings below to send your newsletters and other group emails through the GoDaddy SMTP mail server.
Here are the GoDaddy email settings for GroupMail
1. Begin by adding your user information – name, organisation, email address and reply-to address. The Name and Organization fields are what will appear in the From field of the emails that you send. Note that you can leave the Organization field blank if you choose. If you do choose to enter an Organization name, it will appear in brackets after the Name that you enter.
2. Under the delivery options, enter the GoDaddy SMTP mail server address (smtpout.secureserver.net), select the “Requires Authentication” checkbox, then click Setup. You can also set the number of delivery connections and delivery pauses on this screen, according to your connection speeds and requirements.
3. Select the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound)” checkbox, and leave the default AUTH LOGIN type. Then enter your full domain hosted email address and the password for your GoDaddy account. Click the OK button, and you’ll go back to the Delivery Options tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of this tab, then change the SMTP Port from 25 to 80. You should also add a custom domain while you are on this Advanced screen. For GoDaddy customers, the custom SMTP domain would be the domain that GoDaddy hosts for you – i.e. yourdomain.com. Then click OK..
* If Port 80 doesn’t work, try Port 3535 for the outgoing SMTP port number..
That’s all there is to it.
* When you have applied all these settings, be sure to click OK at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen to save them. If something needs to be changed, any of these settings can be edited at any time.
** Mail servers sometimes change their settings. If you experience any problems with any of the above, contact GoDaddy and ask them to confirm the SMTP settings that you should use.
Related articles you might find interesting:
Send more, faster, better with GroupMail bulk email software