When GroupMail is installed on a Windows Server 2012 machine, some users experience issues with installation or subsequent crashing as Microsoft Data Execution Prevention (DEP) can potentially prevent GMMain.exe from running.
(DEP is designed to stop potentially malicious code from being executed on your system, so it’s just doing it’s job.)
Here are instructions for adding GroupMail to the DEP Allow List:
- Close GroupMail and restart your PC.
- Go into “System Properties” (right-click My Computer and click Properties)
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Performance area click the Settings box.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Click on Add and navigate to your GroupMail folder and Add the GMMain.exe and GMMailer.exe files.
- Click OK.
That’s all there is to it !
If you have any questions or need some help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team