“I was trying to activate my GroupMail email newsletter and marketing software license during installation and an Activation Error: Internet Connection Error: Name Not Resolved window appeared. I am sure that I entered the Product Key for my license correctly. What should I do?”
Normally, when you are installing GroupMail and click the Activate Now button after entering the Product Key for your license, your software is activated automatically by our system.
Of course, if you get an Activation Error: Internet Connection Error: Name Not Resolved window, then it would be safe to assume that the automatic license activation did not happen as it was supposed to during installation.
This particular activation error (above) occurs because there is a Firewall installed that is blocking Port 80, which is the Port that GroupMail uses to register the version you are activating.
How to fix an activation error
There are two ways to resolve an activation error.
1. You can disable your Firewall, ensure you are connected to the Internet and start the installation again, or
2. You can manually activate your GroupMail license.
How to manually activate your GroupMail license
1. Click OK on the Activation Error window
2. Click the link provided to manually activate the license.
3. A new window will popup and it will have two steps to complete. Click the link in Step 1 and login to the GroupMail website with your GroupMail login details.
4. On the Activation page, confirm your GroupMail Product Key details and click Activate.
5. Copy the Activation Code and return to GroupMail to complete Step 2.
6. Enter or paste the GroupMail Activation Code into Step 2 and click Activate.
7. After clicking Activate, you should see a new popup window which says Success: Activation Code Accepted!
Click OK to finish.
Congratulations! you have now manually activated your GroupMail license.
Now you can get started with GroupMail.
If you need any help along the way, contact the GroupMail Support team.
Activate your own GroupMail email newsletter and marketing software today.