“…Can I send my email newsletter in Russian? When I send an email in Russian to my mailing list, the Russian characters do not display correctly. When the email is received, the content is displayed as ???? instead.”
Yes. But there are two simple things that you must do to successfully send email newsletters in Russian.
1. First, you must configure the Regional and Language Settings on your PC to correspond with the language you wish to use; then
2. You must select the Message Encoding and Character Set in GroupMail appropriate for the language you want to use.
This article will show you how to configure the Regional and Language Settings in Windows 7 (English Version) and the Message Encoding and Language Character Set in GroupMail.
How to configure the Regional and Language Settings on Windows 7
1. Open the Region and Language option from the Windows 7 Control Panel. Click on the Keyboards and Languages tab and click the button for Install/uninstall languages, like in the screen shot below:
2. Choose to Install a Display Language and from the Windows update option, install the Russian Language pack if not already installed.
3. Click on the Administrative tab
4. Click on the Change System Locale button
5. Select Russian as the Language for non-Unicode programs from the drop down list.
6. Press OK, to Save
7. Now you must Restart your PC for these settings to take effect.
How to configure the Message Encoding and Language Character Set in GroupMail.
1. Open GroupMail and go to the Tools/Message Related Options.
2. Change the Message Encoding to “8 Bit″ and the Character Set to “Cyrillic (Windows)”. Keep the rest of the settings the same as the default values.
3. Press OK to save these changes.
4. Now, you are ready to start composing your email newsletter message for your Russian mailing list.
5. Now when you send a Russian message from GroupMail, all of the Cyrillic characters will be displayed correctly when received by the recipients on your Russian mailing list.
That’s all there is to it!
If you have any questions, or need any help along the way, contact the GroupMail Support Team.
Send more, faster, better (Электронная почта) with GroupMail bulk email sender