“I just upgraded my computer and need to move GroupMail from my old Windows XP computer to my new computer running Windows 7. Is there an easy way to move all of my existing GroupMail groups, messages and settings from XP to Windows 7?”
The file path for your GroupMail folders and data is different in Windows 7 than it was in XP. So the process of moving your GroupMail files from Windows XP to Windows XP has been modified slightly.
Here’s how to move your GroupMail data files from a Windows XP computer to Windows 7:
- Install the latest Version of GroupMail on your Windows 7 PC. You can download and install the latest version of GroupMail from the GroupMail Customer Area so you are running the latest version on both computers.
- Close GroupMail on both the XP and Windows 7 computers.
- On the Windows 7 computer, go to C:\Users\User Account\AppData\Local and DELETE the Infacta Folder from here.
- On the Windows XP computer, go to C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Infacta and copy the Infacta folder, saving it to an external drive or disk.
- Paste the Infacta folder in the Local folder at C:\Users\User Account\AppData\Local\ on your Windows 7 computer.
Now if you open GroupMail on the Windows 7 computer, all of the GroupMail settings, groups and messages that you had on your Windows XP computer should be available.
As always, if you need any help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact the GroupMail Support Team.
Did you know…
If you have an old version of GroupMail that isn’t compatible with Windows 7, you can simply login to the GroupMail Customer Area and renew the license to get access to download the latest version of GroupMail and any new updates or releases that are published for the next 12 months.